RansomHub Targets Danielle Group PLC in Major Ransomware Attack

Incident Date:

June 27, 2024

World map



RansomHub Targets Danielle Group PLC in Major Ransomware Attack


Danielle group plc




Manchester, United Kingdom

, United Kingdom

First Reported

June 27, 2024

RansomHub Claims Ransomware Attack on Danielle Group PLC

Overview of Danielle Group PLC

Danielle Group PLC, a private limited company based in Manchester, United Kingdom, specializes in the design, contract manufacturing, and supply of high-quality fashion and lifestyle products. The company operates in the manufacturing sector, focusing on clothing, footwear, corporate wear, handbags, and accessories. Established in 1985, Danielle Group PLC has built a reputation as a dynamic and forward-thinking entity in the fashion industry.

The company employs between 10 to 50 employees and has a turnover ranging from £2 to £10 million. Their operations are supported by regional offices in China, India, Bangladesh, and Vietnam, where they manufacture their products. Danielle Group PLC is known for its commitment to innovation, quality, and customer satisfaction, which is reflected in its diverse product offerings and strong market presence.

Details of the Ransomware Attack

Danielle Group PLC recently fell victim to a ransomware attack orchestrated by the RansomHub group. The cybercriminals behind RansomHub have claimed responsibility for the incident via their dark web leak site. The attack has raised significant concerns about the vulnerabilities within the company's cybersecurity infrastructure.

RansomHub, a relatively new player in the ransomware landscape, has distinguished itself by making claims and backing them up with data leaks. The group operates as a Ransomware-as-a-Service (RaaS) entity, with affiliates receiving 90% of the ransom money and the remaining 10% going to the main group. RansomHub's ransomware strains are written in Golang, a language choice that aligns with recent trends in the ransomware world.

Potential Vulnerabilities and Penetration Methods

Given Danielle Group PLC's extensive operations and reliance on advanced production techniques and technologies, the company may have several potential vulnerabilities that could be exploited by threat actors. These vulnerabilities could include outdated software, insufficient employee training on cybersecurity practices, and inadequate network security measures.

RansomHub could have penetrated Danielle Group PLC's systems through various methods, such as phishing attacks, exploiting unpatched software vulnerabilities, or leveraging weak passwords. The group's use of AI technology to enhance the effectiveness of their attacks further complicates the situation, making it imperative for companies to adopt robust cybersecurity measures.

About RansomHub

RansomHub is believed to have roots in Russia, with operations resembling a traditional Russian ransomware setup. The group has targeted various countries, including the US, Brazil, Indonesia, and Vietnam, without following a specific pattern. Healthcare-related institutions have also been among their victims, with Change Healthcare being a notable target.

RansomHub's choice of Golang for their ransomware strains is a relatively new trend, indicating a potential shift in the ransomware landscape. The group's ability to adapt and leverage AI technology to increase the volume and effectiveness of their attacks poses a significant threat to organizations worldwide.


Recent Ransomware Attacks

The Recent Ransomware Attacks (RRA) site acts as a watchtower, providing you with near real-time ransomware tracking of attacks, groups and their victims. Given threat actors’ overarching, lucrative success so far, ransomware attacks have become the most ubiquitous, and financially and informationally impactful cyber threat to businesses and organizations today.

The site’s data is generated based on hosting choices of real-world threat actors, and a handful of other trackers. While sanitization efforts have been taken, we cannot guarantee 100% accuracy of the data. Attack updates will be made as source data is reported by reputable sources. By viewing, accessing, or using RRA you acknowledge you are doing so at your own risk.